Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some Shameless Self-Promotion

After a trip to the Libbey Glass Factory Outlet, a short stop for flowers, herbs, pepper and tomato plants at the Toledo Farmer's Market, and then to the original Tony Packo's on Front Street for a stuffed cabbage roll, paprikás dumplings with gravy, Hungarian pickles, and a signature Packo's hot dog,
Michelle bought me this delicious marble cake at Wixie Bakery in South Toledo.
I was fine with an unadorned cake, but Jessica and Emily insisted on the personalized message.

NC

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well done sir! I have been watching for a post with this news!

Clint C. said...

Congratulations, Nate! You are stinking smart and now you get a little extra authority and recognition for it!

JJ said...

Congrats. I'm glad YOU liked your celebration dinner LOL.

JJ said...

And I just realized that three (of the 5) musketeers from high school were the ones to weigh in...I guess you know who your real friends are, ha, ha

Nathan Crook said...

Thank you, my dears—if I may collectively call you that.

The other day, Jessica and I were sitting on the front porch when I told her that she was getting old enough that she does not have to call me “dad” anymore. With a concerned look spreading across her face, she timidly asked, “What? Should I call you Nathan?” I looked her straight in the eye and responded, “No, I’d like it if you call me Dr. Crook.” Gasping, she responded, “I’m not one of your students, I’d rather call you daddy.” I couldn’t keep the joke running and started to laugh like Jimmy Fallon in an SNL skit, and she started to laugh too. I think down deep she was relieved that I was only joking.

NC

Mary Ellen Greenwood said...

Dr. Crook, you'll send your poor daughter to another type of doctor if you keep up those mind games! I'm very happy for you, BTW.