Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good eats in Findlay

After watching a celebration of American food in George Motz's documentary and reading the companion book of the same name, Hamburger America , I was buying what they were selling, at Wilson's Sandwich Shop in Findlay, Ohio. Last night, we drove 30 miles South of BG to Findlay, Ohio, where one-hundred years ago this year, native son, Tell Taylor, penned the lyrics and music to Down By the Old Mill Stream.
Findlay's glory days are evident in the architecture, but one need not wax nostalgic for days gone by, just go to Wilson's and order a double special, as I did, with a side of some of the best fast food fries ever, and a chocolate malt (Michelle and Jessica got malts, I has my favorite prescription filled by Dr. Pepper).
I'm still playing with Michelle's point-&-shoot in these photos, not nearly as many options as with my S3IS, but will work in a pinch. I've decided to take the S3IS with me to Albuquerque--unfortunately Bobcat Bite is closed for their fall vacation--no Green Chile Cheeseburger for me.
NC

2 comments:

JJ said...

There is a 50's style burger joint here, Johnny Rockets, they have the best burgers and fries. I am a total fry junkie...do they have a 12 step program for that?

Nathan Crook said...

No 12-step programs for fries here, but we do have Johnny Rockets.

NC