Friday, December 12, 2008

Fall Semester 2008 has expired

Wow! Look at that...did you see it? Time just flew by. And now? Fall semester 2008 is over--It's been a challenging semester with an overabundance of ambivalent students, liberally peppered with with freshly-cracked whine--my glass runneth over. I'm tired. I'm fed up, I probably should not be posting these thoughts on my 'family-friendly' blog, but to quote the masters of rhyme and lyrics, Nada Surf, "Oh fuck it, I'm going to have a party," and no students are invited.

I'm really looking forward to the winter break to catch up on all the things I have neglected this past semester, like breathing, and writing about the nasty-ass, dead albatross hanging around my worthless albatross-killing neck--no offence to Sam Coleridge, but his beautiful piece of prose has become a cliche used by folks who have never read "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"--the dread dissertation. I have to wrap it up or I'll be the one getting wrapped (or tagged and bagged for you crime drama folks).

NC

No comments: